Why Choose Ehlers
- Leaders in Public Finance – ranked 3rd nationally in the number of competitive issues advised in 2016
- Independent Advice, with no Conflict-of-Interest: We only look after interests of our clients, not the investors, conforming to GFOA Best Practice.
- Customized Financing Options
- Our Partner companies complement Ehlers' financial advisory services
Why Choose Ehlers
Ehlers is Committed to Community
Ehlers is an independent advisory firm. We've been in business since 1955 working exclusively for public sector clients throughout the Midwest. Our fiduciary duty to clients is to design customized financial solutions to help grow their communities.
Our mission is to design customized financial solutions that help build outstanding communities.
It starts with relationships. We work closely with clients to better understand what it is they need and want to accomplish - whether that's a new water system (for healthier living), a new road (for less accidents) or a new school (for greater learning). Once the need is defined, we then help clients find the financial resources to make the project a success and minimize risk to taxpayers.
Ehlers has chosen the words "outstanding" and "community" on purpose. Our clients want to improve lives, and we help them strategically and tactically build stronger, financially stable, outstanding communities.
We've structured our company and services to help in those efforts.
Why Choose Ehlers
- Independent Financial advice should be free of conflict of interest. Ehlers will not work for underwriters, developers or the private sector; our allegiance is to the communities we serve. Ehlers is a charter member of the National Association Municipal Advisors (NAMA), a professional organization dedicated to ensuring that its members adhere to high ethical and professional standards.
- 'Hands on' experience Three-quarters of Ehlers' Municipal Advisors have held elective office or a government position. Our Municipal Advisors have literally faced the same challenges and opportunities as our clients. This is just one of the reasons why the majority of Ehlers clients have stayed with us for more than ten years.
- Recognized expertise Ehlers' Municipal Advisors have a clear understanding of the complexities of the municipal market as well as our clients' financial objectives and the state and federal regulations that dictate how governments may budget, borrow and plan. This knowledge and expertise translates to results. Ehlers consistently ranks nationally as one of the top financial advisory firms in number of competitive bond sales.
- Customized options Every service we deliver focuses on two key aspects: customization to a client's unique situation, objectives and needs and multiple options so clients can choose what works best for their community. We take the time to listen, we are able to deliver results. Our clients know their communities well; our job is to listen, distill and recommend.
- Employee-owned At Ehlers, all employees have ownership through an employee stock ownership trust. This assures that every Ehlers employee has a vested interest in providing the best possible service to our clients and to focus on long-term success, not solely on short-term profit. As an employee-owned company, we're able to think freely, creatively and assertively on behalf of clients.
- Wholly Owned Subsidiaries In response to client requests, Ehlers formed Bond Trust Services Corporation to provide high quality paying agent services to municipalities. Ehlers Investment Partners was created to assist local governments with investment of debt proceeds and other cash assets, evaluate cash management services by other financial service companies, such as banks, to help local governments control costs.