Senior Municipal Advisor/Vice President
James S. Harrington has been involved in the municipal bond investment banking business for over 30 years. Preceding his investment banking career, Jim served in the U.S. Army with assignments in several command and staff positions in the U.S. and overseas.
Areas of Expertise
- Providing Public Finance and economic consulting services to municipal clients across Colorado.
- Advising on capital market issues, debt structure, credit enhancement and investments.
- Assisting governmental entities in accessing the capital markets.
- Financing schools, municipal facilities, infrastructure, transportation systems, electrical generation facilities, and recreational facilities across Colorado.
- West Point (U.S. Military Academy) (West Point, NY), B.S.
- University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA), M.S.
- Fairleigh Dickinson University (Rutherford, NJ), MBA
Professional Memberships and Community Leadership
- Board Member (1984–1994), with 4 years as Board President, of the Cherry Creek School District Board of Education
- Member and Treasurer of the Colorado Baseball Commission (CBC) (1989–1993). The CBC passed the Coors Field Stadium vote and brought Major League Baseball to Denver
- Board Member (2001-2005) of the Board of Trustees of the Association of Graduates of the United States Military Academy at West Point
- Board Member Emeritus of the Community College of Aurora Foundation
- Board Member (2005 – 2012), with 5 years as Board Chairman, of the Scientific and Cultural Facility District (SCFD). SCFD provides $50 million annually of taxpayer support for the arts, science and cultural organizations in the seven county Denver metropolitan area
- President of Citizens for Arts to Zoo (CATZ) from 2012 – present. CATZ is a 501(c)4 organization leading the effort to secure voter reauthorization of SCFD in 2016
- Member of the Finance Council of the Archdiocese of Denver and Chair of the Project Finance Review Committee for the Archdiocese
- Member of the Metropolitan Football Stadium District Board which oversees Sports Authority Field (home of the Denver Broncos)
Licenses and Certifications
- Series 50 License
- Certified Independent Professional Municipal Advisor (CIPMA) by the National Association of Municipal Advisors (NAMA)
- SEC Series 7 License (Expired)
- Registered Professional Engineer, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania