- Level: Undisclosed
- Job Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin
- Position Type: Full Time
- Education Level: 4-Year Degree
- Salary Range: Undisclosed
- Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
- Job Shift: Undisclosed
- Job Category: Consultant
Essential Job Functions
Municipal Advisor Support & Assistance
Support Municipal Advisors in developing public finance solutions for public sector clients such as cities, villages, towns, and special districts.
Assist Municipal Advisors with a variety of financial and management studies related to water and wastewater utility financial planning, customer billing data analysis, demand forecasting, revenue requirements, cost of service studies, capital recovery fees, rate and fee design, and financial feasibility studies.
Assist Municipal Advisors with preparing long term financial plans by gathering background data, analyzing financial information, benchmarking district operations, and preparing forecasts and tax rate projections.
Assist Municipal Advisors with structuring bond issues to meet the capital finance needs of clients, which includes, learning statutory criteria governing the structuring and issuance of debt, developing a working knowledge of federal regulations affecting tax exempt and taxable municipal debt and understanding market and rating considerations for issuing bonds.
Public Finance Research
Research sources and types of financing, analyze financial and economic data, prepare computer planning models, and understand the implications of applying alternatives.
Assist colleagues in overseeing the bond sale process, which includes, reviewing official statements, ensuring necessary transcript procedures are accurate, deadlines are met and reviewing bond closing details.
Attend client meetings with Ehlers staff, client governing bodies, and administrators.
Attend on-going training/seminars as needed to keep current and knowledgeable on all aspects of the job.
- Perform stationary work 90% of the time using a computer and applicable office equipment
- Move about inside the office 10% of the time to access files, office equipment and communicate with colleagues.
- 10% travel required throughout WI to client locations to attend evening meetings, as requested.
- 4-year college degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math or related, required.
- The ideal candidate will have exposure to the municipal finance industry through internships, coursework, or prior work experience.
Credentials, Licenses or Designations:
- Must obtain Series 50 (Municipal Advisor Representative) qualification within required timeline to allow for registration and licensure with the SEC and MSRB.
- Ability to analyze technical data and develop creative solutions.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that create and maintain positive relationships with clients and other professionals.
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work and actively contribute in a team environment to achieve individual, team, and company goals.
- Able to recognize issues and work with team to effectively solve problems.
- Excellent PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office and database programs.
- Exceptional attention to detail, care, and accuracy in completing tasks.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Seek continuous opportunities to market Ehlers’ services.
- Recognize and pursue opportunities for professional development.