- Level: Mid-level, non-supervisory
- Job Location: Roseville, MN
- Position Type: Full-time
- Education Level: 4-year college degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or related area of study
- Salary Range: Undisclosed
- Travel Percentage: 10%
- Job Shift: Day
- Job Category: Finance - Investments
Essential Job Functions
Work with team members to develop and maintain positive relationships with investment clients, investment providers and intermediaries, and other service providers.
Meet with clients and financial institutions in person and remotely both with and independently of Investment Advisor(s).
Independently manage most aspects of specific client relationships under direction of Investment Advisor.
Client Account Administration
Administer, provide back-up for and oversee client account requests including; client onboarding, new account setups in internal systems and with external parties, move money requests, change of signer requests, account overdrafts, and reinvestment activities.
Track and monitor annual portfolio reviews, reinvestments, other client interactions, and any business development activities in customer relationship management software.
Work closely with trading team to construct portfolios based on specific parameters, periodically and as needed execute and monitor client trades, remedy trading failures and reconciliations in various systems, as needed.
Evaluate governmental accounting data and bond issue numerical information to identify and analyze investable assets.
Compliance & Training
Perform required compliance duties, as needed.
Gather and analyze industry, regulatory and economic information from new government legislation and financial periodicals/resources.
Attend conferences, seminars and other training to gain knowledge and stay current on core job functions.
Provide guidance, training and support to new hires and other team members.
Participate in and contribute to firm activities related to managing the business and meeting regulatory requirements, including committees, workgroups, etc.
Performs other duties and special projects as required to fulfill the mission of the company.
- 4-year college degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math or related area of study
Credentials, Licenses or Designations:
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Series 7 and 66 or Series 65 license (or regulatory equivalent). All candidates must successfully obtain the Series 65 within 6 months of hire.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in the financial services industry, including direct client engagement, with preference towards investment management or banking relationship management.
- Expert knowledge of fixed income securities and markets, trading and operations, banking and treasury management.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations for registered investment advisors.
- Working knowledge of IRS rules related to investment of tax-exempt bond proceeds.
- Able to work and actively contribute in a team environment to achieve individual, team and company goals.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that create and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients.
- Prioritize tasks and organize work so that deadlines are met, and essential work is completed.
- Excellent PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, CRM, and database programs.
- Exceptional attention to detail, care and accuracy in completing tasks.
- Ability to evaluate financial statements with focus on governmental accounting preferred.
- Recognize and pursue opportunities for professional development.
- Perform stationary work 90% of the time using a computer and applicable office equipment
- Move about inside the office 10% of the time to access files, office equipment and communicate with colleagues
- 10% travel as needed to represent the company and department at seminars, client interviews, conferences, etc.
- Available to attend night meetings periodically depending on need and conferences, as requested.
- Capable of driving during days and nights for extended periods in all weather conditions, as needed.
Ehlers is an independent advisory firm founded in 1955, providing financial solutions to public sector clients across 5 states with offices in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Colorado. We are a 100% employee-owned firm (ESOP) comprised of advisors, specialists, project managers, analysts and support staff, all committed to a shared mission of helping our clients build outstanding places to live, work, learn and play.
Ehlers delivers an outstanding compensation package! Aside from the 100% employer contributed ESOP, we offer competitive wages, discretionary and goal-based performance bonuses, and two excellent health-care coverage plans. We also provide employees with employer-paid life insurance, life insurance options for spouses and children, dental insurance, and generous vacation and sick-time allowances.