- Level: Entry
- Job Location: Roseville, MN
- Position Type: Full Time
- Education Level: 4-Year College Degree
- Salary Range: Undisclosed
- Travel Percentage: None
- Job Shift: Day
- Job Category: Operations
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain all correspondence and documents related to debt issues pursuant to company and compliance filing procedures.
- Fulfill the responsibilities and activities identified in the Business Practice Repository.
Bond Sale Support:
Facilitate competitive sale process and respond to underwriter inquiries
Coordinate completion of closing documents
Facilitate bond closings (flow of funds)
Gather market intelligence from underwriters and provide feedback to MA’s and Financial Analysts
Investment Services Support:
Gather market data from brokers regarding investment ideas and strategies
Provide analytical support – cashflows, statement reconciliation, portfolio analysis
Execute trades based on recommendation from investment advisors
Resolve trade settlement issues
Paying Agent Services Support:
Ensure principal and interest payments are made in a timely manner to investors
Generate and confirm the accuracy of debt issuance invoices
Provide support to issuers who have questions regarding debt service payments
- Train new employees on the bond sales process, as needed.
- Responsible to attend on-going training as needed to keep current and knowledgeable on all aspects of the job.
- Perform other duties as required to fulfill the mission of the company.
- 4-year college degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math or related, required
- 0-2 years’ experience or exposure to the municipal bond industry, preferred
- Aptitude and desire to learn bond sale, investment, and paying agent support activities, required.
- Ability to analyze technical data and develop creative solutions.
- Recognize issues and work with team to effectively solve problems.
- Perform basic math functions accurately.
- Excellent PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office and database programs.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, care and accuracy in completing tasks.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that create and maintain positive relationships with clients and other professionals.
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
- Prioritize tasks and organize work so that deadlines are met and essential work is completed.
- Seek opportunities for continuous work improvements.
- Recognize and pursue opportunities for professional development.
- Perform stationary work 90% of the time using a computer and applicable office equipment
- Move about inside the office 10% of the time to access files, office equipment and communicate with colleagues
- 5% travel as needed to represent the company and department at seminars, client interviews, conferences, etc.