The December 2023 Quarterly Newsletter marks one year of sharing information and education with all of you in a reimagined format. The decision to shift away from a bi-weekly market commentary to a more robust publication covering a wealth of different topics was a direct result of feedback we received from you as part of our client survey. And judging by the strong readership results we’ve seen over the year; we did the right thing. Thank you for your valuable input!
In this quarter’s issue, we’re excited to share:
- An overview of the .25% sales tax intended to fund affordable housing in Minnesota’s 7-County Metro Area, and a practical guide for funds use, record-keeping, and reporting requirements.
- A detailed analysis of the results of November School District Referendum elections in Minnesota (November elections not allowed in Wisconsin during odd numbered years) and tips for district’s planning to go out to voters in 2024.
- Specific guidance on how Wisconsin Act 12 impacts Levy Limits and Tax Incremental Districts
- Tips and best practices for crafting professional services Requests for Proposals to help ensure you receive the responses needed to make an objective, well-informed decision.
- A year-in-review and outlook for 2024 market commentary, including links to our latest Issuer & Investor Update.
That’s a lot of ground to cover in one newsletter, so we hope you’ll dig right in!
In the meantime, I want to take this opportunity to thank you for partnering with Ehlers. We are so privileged to share in your collective mission to build vibrant, sustainable, and equitable communities. The trust that you place in Ehlers is more important to us than you can imagine, and as we reflect on this year, please know that we’re proud to have served you and look forward to helping you achieve even greater success in 2024.
We wish you all peace and joy this holiday season.
Ehlers is the joint marketing name of the following affiliated businesses (collectively, the “Affiliates”): Ehlers & Associates, Inc. (“EA”), a municipal advisor registered with the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (“MSRB”) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”); Ehlers Investment Partners, LLC (“EIP”), an SEC registered investment adviser; and Bond Trust Services Corporation (“BTS”), holder of a limited banking charter issued by the State of Minnesota.
Where an activity requires registration as a municipal advisor pursuant to Section 15B of the Exchange Act of 1934 (Financial Management Planning and Debt Issuance & Management), such activity is or will be performed by EA; where an activity requires registration as an investment adviser pursuant to the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 (Investments and Treasury Management), such activity is or will be performed by EIP; and where an activity requires licensing as a bank pursuant to applicable state law (paying agent services shown under Debt Issuance & Management), such activity is or will be performed by BTS. Activities not requiring registration may be performed by any Affiliate.
This communication does not constitute an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any investment (including without limitation, any municipal financial product, municipal security, or other security) or agreement with respect to any investment strategy or program. This communication is offered without charge to clients, friends, and prospective clients of the Affiliates as a source of general information about the services Ehlers provides. This communication is neither advice nor a recommendation by any Affiliate to any person with respect to any municipal financial product, municipal security, or other security, as such terms are defined pursuant to Section 15B of the Exchange Act of 1934 and rules of the MSRB. This communication does not constitute investment advice by any Affiliate that purports to meet the objectives or needs of any person pursuant to the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 or applicable state law.