2024 Wisconsin Public Finance Seminar

February 15-16, 2024

Get the details!

Who We Are

Ehlers is an industry-leading municipal advisory firm serving Minnesota, Wisconsin, Colorado, Illinois and Kansas. We leverage centuries of combined experience and specialized expertise to deliver innovative, fully integrated public finance solutions that help our public sector clients build strong, vibrant and sustainable communities.  We serve local governments, school districts, public agencies, special districts, community development authorities, joint powers boards and select non-profit organizations.

Post Issuance Services

Ehlers' disclosure coordinators have your back when it comes to continuing disclosure and payment requirements associated with a debt issuance. Trust our professionals to file the needed paperwork and payments promptly and accurately.

School Finance Services

Building outstanding learning communities takes thoughtful analyses, planning and budgeting along with the right financial tools expertly deployed at the right time. Ehlers' School Finance professionals can help strengthen your district's foundation as you pursue your vision of success.

Debt Issuance & Management

We've helped public sector clients realize their vision through creative debt solutions for more than six decades. It's why we consistently rank in the top three nationally for the number of competitive bond sales advised.

Economic Development & Redevelopment

Creating new jobs and revitalizing communities is what it's all about.  Our advisors leverage first-hand experience in local government to design financial solutions that bring your development visions to life.

Financial Management Planning

From annual budgets to capital improvement plans – and everything in between – Ehlers provides strategic, yet practical fiscal guidance to help clients fulfill immediate financial needs and achieve long-term community goals.

Investments & Treasury Management

Ehlers delivers comprehensive cash management and investment strategies for our public sector clients' cash-based assets. We also help clients create smart, safe investment policies that strive to support liquidity and return, while adhering to IRS regulations.

Fiercely Independent
Fully- Integrated

With client communities at the heart of everything we do, Ehlers' integrated advisory teams are highly qualified to deliver independent guidance across all areas of public finance. Not all financial advisory firms can say that.

Learn Why

Bond Sales

Ehlers helps clients market and issue bonds through both competitive and negotiated processes. The occurrence and details of our clients' competitive bond sales are subject to change. Final details for each sale listed will be found in the official statement produced by Ehlers.

5 Upcoming Bond Sales

View All Bond Sales

Independent School District No. 2888 (Clinton-Graceville-Beardsley), Minnesota

$25,000,000.00 General Obligation School Building Bonds, Series 2024A

Maturities
2025 - 2044

Sale Date & Time
February 28 2024, 09:30 AM CT

Independent School District No. 911 (Cambridge-Isanti Schools), Minnesota

$11,310,000.00 General Obligation Tax Abatement and Refunding Bonds, Series 2024A

Maturities
2025 - 2034

Sale Date & Time
February 29 2024, 09:30 AM CT

Independent School District No. 531 (Byron Public Schools), Minnesota

$23,500,000.00 General Obligation School Building Refunding Bonds, Series 2024A

Maturities
2026 - 2034

Sale Date & Time
March 4 2024, 09:30 AM CT

Stay Updated with Ehlers

Interest Rate Indices

Municipal Debt Rates

As of February 15, 2024

Bond Buyer Index
3.54%
Revenue Bond Index
3.82%
10-Year Treasury Note
4.23%

Fixed Income Investment Rates

As of February 16, 2024

3-Month Commercial Paper
5.41%
1-Year U.S. Treasury Bill
4.99%
3-Year GO AA Muni
2.83%

Newsroom

Issuer & Investor Update

The Next FOMC Meeting is January 31, 2024 with an 93.3% probability of no rate hike and 6.7% chance of a 25 basis point rate cut, according to CME Group's FedWatch Tool. Treasury yields rose after data showed US companies ramped up hiring in December and jobless claims came in lower than estimates, potentially indicating a slower normalization of rates. Citigroup, Inc. announced yesterday that it is closing its municipal bond division due to concerns with diminished fees. The CEO stated it is "no longer viable given our commitment to increase the firm's overall returns" and intends to completely wind down operations by the end of the first quarter.

Market Commentary

Issuer & Investor Update

The Next FOMC Meeting is January 31, 2024 with an 93.3% probability of no rate hike and 6.7% chance of a 25 basis point rate cut, according to CME Group's FedWatch Tool. Treasury yields rose after data showed US companies ramped up hiring in December and jobless claims came in lower than estimates, potentially indicating a slower normalization of rates. Citigroup, Inc. announced yesterday that it is closing its municipal bond division due to concerns with diminished fees. The CEO stated it is "no longer viable given our commitment to increase the firm's overall returns" and intends to completely wind down operations by the end of the first quarter.

Market Commentary

Issuer & Investor Update

The Next FOMC Meeting is November 1, 2023, with an 99.3% probability of holding steady and 0.7% chance of implementing a 25 basis point rate increase, according to CME Group's FedWatch Tool. The 10-year treasury has flirted with 5% over the past few weeks, which is an important plateau for financial watchers. US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen stated the increase in longer-term rates is a reflection of a strong US economy, not the expansion of government borrowing. The U.S. Economy grew at a 4.9% pace last quarter, which was the fastest expansion since 2021. That pace was more than double second quarter grown, according to a preliminary estimate released by the federal government.

Market Commentary